Wednesday, July 19, 2006

SLIDE!!!

i know that i've been writing alot about softball and golf and sport/summer related stuff here lately, but that's what's been going on in my life so, i hope that i'm not boring you. all that being said, i got to bat in my first ever softball game last night and the adrenaline rush was off the charts! it was so much fun. i kept harassing my team mates everytime they would get a base hit and heckle them to slide even when they didn't have to. so, it was kind of funny when my turn to bat comes up. i hit a line drive right over second base into center field and as i was approaching second base i was surprised to see that the outfielder was just then starting to pick up the ball so, i took off for third and the third baseman caught the ball about 5 feet before i got there so i took my own advice and slid into third base for a photo finish "SAFE!" call. then ms. sammie caldwell batted me in to score.

what was so funny about me sliding is, we were up by about 11-0 in the second inning and there i was sliding in to third base like it was the world series or something. oh, by the way, there is definitely a certain technique to sliding the RIGHT way and evidently i was nowhere close. so, i've got a slight limp in my left leg right now. oh well, it was worth it, i had a blast.

1 comment:

Matt said...

i'm down