Tuesday, March 07, 2006

MySpace

If you're under the age of 25 and don't have or at least know what a MySpace is by now then you've been living under a rock for some time now. To be quite honest, I fell under that category until just here recently when my friend Brock Gill and Pastor Jeff introduced it into my life. In getting on there, I was completely blown away. MySpace isn't just another website, it's a completely different world of it's own. It's amazing the people you will find on it as well. I found friends that I haven't seen or talked to in years. Just to give you an idea of how big this phenomenon is growing, as of today (3-7-06) there are over 61,000,000 profiles set up on MySpace. Each one is of an individual or an orginization of some sort. People are actually starting to call the generation that is growing up now, the "MySpace Generation".

Ten years ago people were saying "You can tell what kind of person a teenager is by looking at their bedroom.". Now they're saying "You can tell what kind of person a teenager is by looking at their MySpace page.". MySpace is the 7th most hit English speaking website in the world. This truly is sweeping our generation. I've heard of a lot of people slamming MySpace, particularly Christians, talking about how worldly and sinful it is. But, just like anything, it's only as worldly and sinful as the person who is using it. I choose to use MySpace as a way to stay connected to old friends and connect with new ones and network together in ministry with other people who share the same passions as I do. I encourage you to go check it out at www.myspace.com and decide what you think about it. If you set up a MySpace page, go to www.myspace.com/mattcaler and add me as a friend. I look forward to seeing you in the virtual world of MySpace!

1 comment:

Pastor Jeff said...

Well - i am a Sr. Pastor and i've given my MySpace address out to my church. These same neggative people were the ones crying 7 or 8 years ago about the world wide web - now all those pastor's have websites and are accepting peoples tithes online. People are just judgemental and silly sometimes. I love using tech stuff for the Kingdom.