Monday, December 10, 2007

got a truck

i forgot to mention that about 6 weeks ago my dad called me and said that he was driving to texarkana to get me to negotiate a deal for him on a new truck (since i had some extensive experience in and around the car business). so, i was like "cool, no problem"...i actually like doing that because i'm very comfortable with it whereas most people are a little out of their element doing that sort of thing. anyhow, to my surprise, my dad gave me his old truck instead of trading it in! and i in turn, gave my little ford aspire to someone who needed a better car and that person gave their car to someone who didn't have a car at all.

some people wonder why i have this fascination with giving cars away as opposed to trading them in or selling them. i have to say that the fascination started about 7 years ago when 2 good friends of ours, brock and auny gill, gave us a car. i have been determined to pass on that blessing that i received in my time of need to others every chance i get. i'll tell you more about that next time.

1 comment:

Angi said...

I love it! Passing it on is awesome!