Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11

i'll never forget being awakened by the telephone at 7:37am CST in arlington, TX to hear jeanette frantically telling me to turn on the television. to my surprise i saw one of the twin towers on fire, and only a few moments later watched the second plane come flying into the opposite tower. my world stood still for what seemed like hours. i remember the feelings of confusion and hurt that i felt for those people. i also remember that as the rest of the week went on, i felt an overwhelming pride and respect for myself and my fellow americans. all of the emergency workers and civilians that came together in unity showing their love and compassion for their fellow man gave me a sense of patriotism that i have never had before that point. i regret the lives that were lost on that day, but i am thankful for the patriotism and compassion that was brought to life in our fellow american brothers and sisters on that day. and for that reason...i will never forget.

No comments: